This week’s Positive Vibes post is here! It’s my way of capturing my week into a post and sharing it with y’all to keep you up to speed!😉
I’m naturally a busy little bee and so my weeks are generally action-packed and focused on getting things done. I need to be able to look back at the end of the week and say yes!, I helped to make a difference to someone’s life.
What a wonderful week of activities it has been, including celebrating my birthday with my family!🎉🎂👇
This week’s photo-themed post is a rare moment in which I feel the need to share a personal glimpse into my little world and the people who keep my motivated and confident to continue. These are the people who are my biggest fans, cheerleaders and who at at times believe that I’m superwoman. I often remind them that I don’t have super powers and that I’m just doing what I’m passionate about. The message is that working diligently has its just rewards.
Musically, I shared this song with my Facebook buddies on my birthday…It’s one of the best reggae songs that celebrate the natural beauties and women who know they are truly royal. Have a listen, you will like it.
She’s Royal – Taurus Riley http://youtu.be/qGuLqe-NMKg
Professional Reflections 🤔
I met a very senior leader at my work this week for a chat on career progression etc etc. It was a meeting that allowed me to reflect on all my activities in the past year. When I started putting pen to paper to prepare for the meeting, I amazed myself that I had been involved in so much over such a short period. An extract is below…just a flavour.
What I’m doing currently or have done recently:
- Nursing Standard journal article on my ‘Passion for Research’.
- Book reviewer for Nursing Standard and Older People Nursing journals.
- Contributor to a book to explore the future of nursing.
- PhD (end of 1st year): Hospital experiences of older stroke patients of Black Caribbean backgrounds.
- Blogging: (Personal blog) Honest insightful reflections of working, pursuing a PhD and living positively.
- Opportunity to publish regularly in newspaper blog.
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of The Florence Nightingale Foundation’s Commemoration Service at Westminster Abbey this year.
- Former Florence Nightingale Foundation research scholar and proud Alumni of the Foundation.
Seeing my professional activities on paper made me acknowledge that I have much more to give to the nursing profession. I have a duty to be a pioneer in leading the campaign for the development of Clinical Academic posts (joint appointments with universities). I have a passion for mentoring, leading, coaching and supporting frontline staff to get involved in their own research at any level, which could be an audit or a small survey based on the reality of being on the frontline. I need to be doing my bit to inspire the critical thinkers of tomorrow who are compassionate, caring, confident and have the moral courage to challenge poor practice and apply evidence based care.
As Mahatma Ghandi so eloquently says below…”…even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth”. #MoralCourage🙏
Featured image: http://freedomneedstruth.com/headers/
Until next week, go out with your head high and be the best you that you can be! I’ll be doing it too. Let’s see what we can achieve in the next week! 😊