Nichole is a senior nurse, blogger, podcaster, motivational speaker and poet with extensive experience in a range of acute healthcare NHS settings and in clinical quality. She is the founder and Director of Maroon Mindset Unlimited.
She is passionate about providing high quality patient care with recognised expertise in this area. She has worked in the NHS for more than 20 years and is keen to be part of a wider network of people with a range of skills and expertise to innovate and test out ideas.
Her experience in the NHS covers many roles including:
- Assistant Director of Nursing
- Head of Clinical Quality
- Head of nursing
- Ward manager
- MSc in Nursing Research and Practice Development, London Southbank University – 2009 – 2011
- MSc in Social Research Methods and Health, City University – London – 2003 – 2005
- BSc (Hons) in Public Administration and Health Studies, London Metropolitan University – 2000 – 2003
- Diploma in Higher Education in Nursing, Southbank University – 1997 – 2000
- BTEC National Diploma in Travel & Tourism, Milton Keynes College – Milton Keynes – 1996 – 1997
- Diploma in Business Administration in Business Administration (Marketing) – University of Technology – Kingston – 1992 – 1995
Equality advocate and leader
Nichole is an alumni of the Florence Nightingale Foundation following the award of Florence Nightingale Foundation Research Scholarships in 2011 and 2012.
It was a great honour for her to be selected to be the Leader of the Procession and Lamp bearer at Florence Nightingale Commemorative Service at Westminster Abbey in May 2016.
Poet and creative
In November 2019 she was awarded a Fellowship of the Royal Society of Arts in recognition of her work as a blogger and poet and her advocacy of poetry as a tool to support mental health and wellbeing.
Nichole is a proud to be a correspondent for Good News Jamaica and uses this platform to showcase the positivity that being Jamaican means to the world. Read more here: https://goodnewsjamaica.com
Nichole was born in Montego Bay with roots in Accompong in Jamaica and proudly champions her Maroon heritage. She is a passionate reggae music connoisseur. Married with two children, she lives in London, England, her home for more than 20 years now.
Listen to Good News Jamaica playlist
Listen to Maroon Mindset playlist